Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Ruffle Fabric Dress

I have seen many projects lately using ruffle fabric.  I decided to buy some and give it a try.  I was thinking a skirt or pillow when I bought it, but I changed my mind when I held it up and decided to try a shirt/dress.  I actually made this a few months back, but haven't had the time to take pictures and share it.

Here is the fabric.  It was a little too thin for my comfort so I added thin stretchy knit of the same color that I had lying around as a lining.


I used a tank top that I liked as a pattern for this and just added the length I wanted.  I have to say the ruffle fabric was a bit of a pain to cut.  If anyone has any tips on cutting it, let me know!

After I cut the fabric I sewed the lining to the ruffle fabric before sewing the back side and front side together.

The dress reaches about mid thigh and I wear leggings with it.

I love that I made this and I love that it cost way less than buying it would have!


Linked up at these parties:
I {heart} Naptime
Spunky Junky

2 comments:

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

What a beautiful dress. More the Merrier Monday will be open until Wednesday at midnight. I would love for you to stop by and link up your ruffle dress. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

Spunky Junky said...

Love it! Ruffles are sooo in right now! Where did you find your fabric?

Halz

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails