Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Mysterious Benedict Society--Book Review

I decided to make a grading system for the books I review.  Let me know what you think :)  I might change it around a little, but for right now I will see how it works.

   As a substitute teacher it is fun to be in different classrooms and see what kids are reading.  I happened to be in the same classroom 3 times while the read aloud book was The Mysterious Benedict Society.  I couldn't wait to read what happened next!  I knew that I had to read the whole book for myself.   I am not sure what the reading level  is for the book, but the teacher read this book to a 5th grade class.  I think it would be great for a 6th or 7th grader to read on their own.
   In the book, there are 4 kids who become a team of spies that  infiltrate a school to stop a principal from trying to rule the world by sending hidden messages to people through tv and radio.  They need to find out how he is doing it and stop him before time runs out.  Along the way the kids have to learn to trust each other and work together as a team even when working alone sounds so much easier.
   The book has humor and suspense and is an all around great read.  It definitely gets five stars.

If you like the book, I heard that it is the first in a series.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails