Friday, June 03, 2011

My First Silhouette Project

    After pulling my Silhouette out of the box I had to wait to use it because I had real work to get done.  I finally got to play around with the machine a bit and here are my first thoughts about it.  First of all I LOVE IT!  I can't wait to try out all sorts of things with it.  With that said, I think that in order to like the machine you have to like to try things out and work to figure things out.   I found the tutorials and instructions from Silhouette average to poor (I really wish they would work to improve them).  Thankfully other kind people have posted tips, tricks, and tutorials.   For example, to use the t-shirt vinyl you needed to flip the image backwards.  It clearly said this needed to be done, just not HOW to do it.  I searched the program for a button or something, but couldn't figure it out.   I had to search online to find out how.

So here is my first creation with the Silhouette:
For those that aren't into geography, that is a picture of the state of California :)


The Silhouette store sells the states, but I used a graphic that I already had. I would love to give credit, but don't remember where I got it from.   I like the little heart near the city I live in.  The font is off my computer and called Aharoni.



I linked to these parties:

5 comments:

Jami said...

You got a Silhouette?? Wow how cool! Cute project too! I never got over there at CHA to try them out.

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

I love this! I am a new follower! I am visiting from Tatertots and Jello and I would LOVE if you would link this up to my Delicately Constructed Fridays Linky Party!!
Thanks so much!
Have a great weekend!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

This is adorable! thanks for sharing

Lindsay said...

I SO want a Silhouette! You did such a great job with this project!

Thank you for stopping by my blog, by the way!

Mindie Hilton said...

I would love for you to link it up to my party that is running now. Any linky goes.

http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/any-link-goes-party-running-now-summer.html

Come strut your stuff.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails